How to make a Zimbabwean Style Tandoori Chicken.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 1 Kg (2.2 lbs) chicken legs
- 300 ml lacto (sour milk)
- 1 lemon
- 1 onion
- 1 tsp fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp whole coriander
- 1 tsp compound curry powder
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- Take the chicken legs and cut two horizontal slits into the flesh.
- Place them in a bowl and set aside.
- Cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice.
- Take the chicken and put it in your marinating dish or ziploc plastic bag.
- Pour the freshly squeezed lemon juice over the chicken.
- Sprinkle 1 tsp salt over the chicken.
- Close, seal and let it rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Whilst the chicken is in the fridge, begin making the marinade.
- Pour lacto (sour milk) into a bowl, add chopped garlic, chopped ginger and chopped onion.
- Add cumin, mixed herbs, coriander and curry powder.
- Add black pepper and mix.
- Take the chicken from the fridge and pour the marinade over the chicken.
- After pouring all the marinade over the chicken, close, seal and refrigerate for a minimum of six hours.
- Thirty minutes before you are ready to take out the chicken, pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees celcius /400 degrees F/ gas mark 6 on grill bake.
- Put the chicken in an oven-proof dish or baking tray.
- Put the chicken in the oven and grill bake for 60 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy!
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]