How to make Yoghurt Marinated Chicken.
Ingredients: Serves 4-6
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs or chicken breasts
- 2/3 cup whole milk Greek yoghurt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice + 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro, plus more for serving
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the yoghurt, olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, ginger, cumin, coriander, paprika, cayenne pepper, cinnamon, salt, pepper and cilantro.
- Place the chicken in a gallon size resealable freezer bag.
- Pour the yoghurt marinade over the chicken.
- Seal the bag while pressing excess air out.
- Rub the marinade evenly over chicken.
- Let it rest in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Pre-heat a gas grill to 425F degrees.
- Clean grill grates and lightly brush with oil.
- Grill chicken until cooked through, for about 7 to 10 minutes per side.
- Serve and enjoy!