How to make a Wild Asparagus Omelette.
This delightful Asparagus omelette makes a delicious lunch or light dinner.
Ingredients: Serves 2
- 12 Asparagus Stems.
- 5 Eggs.
- Handful of Chicory Leaves.
- Handful of Rocket.
- 2 Tablespoons of Pine Nuts.
- 4 Tablespoons of Olive Oil.
- Salt and Pepper.
- Wash the asparagus, and trim the base of the stems, to remove the discoloured part.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a frying pan and lightly brown the asparagus for 2 minutes.
- Remove them and set aside on a plate.
- Then add the pine nuts to the same pan, and fry for 1 minute. Remove them and reserve them.
- Crack the eggs into a large salad bowl with a pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper and beat them.
- Wash the rocket and chicory leaves and slice them into thin strips.
- Grease a non stick frying pan about 18-20cm, approx 8 inches in diameter with the rest of the oil and add the beaten eggs.
- Add the asparagus and, when it is half set, turn the omelette over and cook for 1 minute, until it completely sets, partially covering the asparagus.
- If you are nervous about flipping the omelette over cover the pan with a plate, then flip the frying pan over so the omelette falls onto the plate, then slide the omelette back into the frying pan. Or you can just place the pan under a grill for a minute to cook the top.
- After the omelette is cooked, slide it onto a serving plate.
- Arrange the rocket and chicory on top of the omelette and then sprinkle the pine nuts on top.
- Serve immediately.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.