How to make a White Bean Stew with Clams and Chorizo.
- 500g dried white beans, covered in water for 24hrs
- 1.5Ltr fresh water
- 200g fresh clams
- 150g cooking chorizo, cut into one inch chunks
- 1 large leek, washed and chopped into 2 inch pieces
- 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped into slices
- 1 large green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 garlic bulb
- 4 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- In a large pan, place the soaked beans, vegetables, garlic and oil and cover with the water.
- Place on a moderate heat and simmer for around 30 minutes preventing the liquid from boiling as the beans will break open. Shake the pot now and again to thicken the liquid.
- Once the beans are tender, remove the vegetables and discard the garlic. Season the beans with salt and place the vegetables into a food processor or blender and strain them over the beans, they will give flavour and help thicken the sauce.
- In a medium size frying pan, fry the chorizo in some olive oil until crispy and cooked through, add to the bean stew.
- Finally, add the fresh clams to the beans, cover with a lid and warm up slowly until all the clams are opened.
- Serve in a large pot with crusty bread.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.