How to make Welsh Cheese and Leek Pancakes.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 175g/6oz thinly sliced leeks
- 75g/3oz Caerphilly cheese
- 75g/3oz plain flour
- 2 large eggs
- 100ml/4floz milk
- 15g/1/2oz butter
- A little oil for frying
- A pinch of salt
- Place the flour, salt and eggs in a large bowl.
- Add half the milk and whisk well until the mixture is lump free.
- Add the remaining milk and whisk again until smooth.
- Melt the butter in a non-stick frying pan.
- Add the leeks and sauté over a high heat for 2-3 minutes or until soft.
- Cool slightly before stirring into the batter with the cheese.
- Wipe out the frying pan, return to the heat and when hot, drizzle a little oil over the centre and wipe around the pan with a piece of kitchen paper.
- Add 3-4 heaped tablespoons of the mixture around the saucepan so they form 7.5cm/3in diameter pancakes.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the base is set.
- Flip over and cook for a further 1-2 minutes or until golden.
- Keep warm whilst you repeat with the remaining batter and oil.
- Serve and enjoy!
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]