How to make Venison with Red Slaw.
INGREDIENTS: Serves 2
- 2 venison steaks
- 150g shredded red cabbage
- 1 apple, diced
- 1⁄2 red onion, finely chopped
- 25g raisins, soaked for 10 minutes
- 1⁄2 tsp capers, drained
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil
- 1⁄2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Knob of butter
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C.
- In a bowl, mix the cabbage, apples, onion, capers and raisins.
- Mix together the oil and vinegar to make a vinaigrette, then add to the slaw, before seasoning and mixing to combine.
- Set aside.
- Season the meat with salt, heat a dash of oil and the butter in a frying pan until foaming.
- Cook the venison until brown on both sides – a minute or two will do – then transfer to the oven for 4 minutes.
- Leave to rest, then serve with the parsley mixed into the slaw and the venison neatly sliced.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.