How to make a Vegetarian Spanish Rice.
- 1 1/2 cups medium grain rice
- 1 1/2 cups Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 large red capsicum, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 large green capsicum, cut into 3cm pieces
- 150g green beans, trimmed, halved diagonally
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup mixed olives
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Step 1: Place rice, stock, 1 cup water and turmeric in a medium heavy-based saucepan over high heat. Stir to combine. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 10 to 12 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat. Fluff rice with fork. Set aside, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Step 2: Meanwhile, heat oil in a large, deep frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add capsicum and beans. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until just tender. Add garlic and paprika. Cook for 1 minute.
- Step 3: Add rice mixture, peas and olives to the pan. Toss mixture over heat until peas are heated through. Remove from heat. Add parsley and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Toss gently to combine. Serve with lemon wedges.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.