How to make a Vegetable Pasta Sauce.
Ingredients: Serves 4-6
- 4 carrots
- 4 celery stalks
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1 large onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 lbs roma tomatoes
- 2 cups tomato paste
- 1-2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp oregano
- 1/2 tbsp basil
- olive oil
- salt to taste
- Roughly chop all the vegetables.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a dutch oven over medium-low heat.
- Add in the chopped carrots, celery, peppers, onion, garlic, and a generous sprinkle of salt.
- Cover and allow the vegetables to cook until soft, for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the chopped tomatoes, cover, and continue to cook for 15 minutes.
- Using a hand blender, thoroughly blend the vegetables creating a smooth texture.
- Add in the tomato paste, brown sugar (start with 1 tbsp and add more if necessary), balsamic, oregano, and basil.
- Allow to simmer for 15 more minutes.
- If you find the sauce too thick, add in some water or vegetable stock.
- Serve over your favourite pasta!
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.