How to make a Vegan Tofu Omelette.
Ingredients: Serves 2-4
- 200g of tofu
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 1 teaspoon of yeast
- 1 small onion
- 1 zucchini
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 carrot
- 1 potato
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 glass of water
- 1 pinch of salt
- Drain the water from the tofu well and let it dry on a plate with kitchen paper.
- Peel and cut the onion into small cubes.
- Put a splash of oil in a frying pan and brown the onion.
- While we have the onion browning, cut the tofu into small pieces, do the same with the potato and add it to the pan along with the onion.
- Add the other vegetables cut into small cubes.
- The tofu is the last thing we should add to the pan since we only want it to brown a little on each side, if we overcook it it loses consistency and flavour.
- While we have the vegetables and tofu cooking, take a bowl and add two tablespoons of flour, a glass of water and a tablespoon of yeast.
- Mix everything well until you get a homogeneous mass without lumps.
- Now it is time to put this dough in the pan along with the vegetables and the tofu.
- Distribute it well so that it forms a real spanish tortilla.
- At this time we must also add the salt to taste.
- At the moment in which the mixture is distributed throughout the pan and begins to change colour, we will turn it over to do it on the other side.
- We can also do it in another way and that is by putting the vegetables and tofu in the container of the dough, mixing there and then putting it back in the pan to finish curdling.
- In theory it is equally good in both ways, you have to go through the pan back and forth.
- Serve with a salad and enjoy!
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]