How to make a Valencian Fideua.
Ingredients: Serves 2
- 450g of fish and seafood mix.
- 250g of Fideua Noodles.
- 500ml Fish stock.
- 2 Tomatoes.
- 1/2 Onion.
- Olive oil.
- 2 Gloves of Garlic.
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Sweet Paprika
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Smoked Paprika.
- A pinch of saffron, or 1/2 tsp of Colorante.
- 1/2 Teaspoon of dried Oregano.
- Salt and Pepper.
- De-skin the tomatoes by soaking in boiled water for a couple of minutes until the skin softens, then peel it off.
- Chop them into small chunks.
- Dice the onion into small piceces.
- In a paella dish for 2 people, or a large saucepan, heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add the tomato and onion, and fry over a low heat, until soft.
- Add the crushed garlic, then after a couple of minutes, add the seafood mix.
- Keeping the heat low, sweat the seafood into the tomato mixtures.
- Meanwhile, prepare the fish stock, either with a good stock cube and boiled water, or with handmade stock.
- To the stock add the sweet paprika, smoked paprika, saffron and oregano.
- Pour the stock into the pan and stir into the fish mixture.
- Bring to the boil and add the pasta noodles again stirring to distribute evenly, continue to cook over a high heat for 5 minutes, then lower the heat.
- Cook until the noodles are soft and the stock is fully reduced.
- When ready turn off heat, and serve immediately.
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]