How to make a Tuscan Style Chicken and Potato Skillet.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved
- 1 lb small potatoes, halved
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and brown for 3-5 minutes on each side.
- Set aside on a plate.
- To the pan, add the potatoes, tomatoes, garlic, salt, pepper, oregano and basil, and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach.
- Combine the broth and the corn starch with a whisk and add to the pan, along with the cream.
- Return the chicken to the pan and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Cover, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 15-20 minutes, until the potatoes are tender and the chicken reaches 165F.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and garnish with fresh herbs if desired before serving.
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]