How to make a Turkish Pizza.
INGREDIENTS: Serves 4 (Makes 2 Pizzas)
FOR THE BASE:
- 325 g (11 ounces) strong bread flour
- 1 teaspoon instant yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 200 ml (7 fluid ounces) warm water
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
FOR THE PIZZA TOPPING:
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Cooking Paste
- 325 g (11 ounces) minced lamb
- 1 tomato, skin removed and diced
- 1 teaspoon Flat Leaf Parsley
- 2 teaspoons Mint Herb
- zest of one lemon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Mild Chilli Powder
- 2 teaspoons Cumin Seeds, whole
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper, to season
- handful spinach (optional)
- handful, cherry tomatoes, halved (optional)
- 25 g (1 ounce) feta cheese, cubed (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C, 400°F, Gas Mark 6 and place 2 large baking sheets in the oven to pre-heat.
- To make the base place the flour, yeast, salt and Cumin Seed into a bowl.
- Pour in the water and olive oil and stir until the mixture begins to come together.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 5 minutes or until smooth, split the dough into 2 equal balls, then cover with a tea towel and set aside.
- Combine all of the topping ingredients in a large bowl.
- Roll out each dough ball onto a floured surface into a circle shape around 25cm across.
- Top with the lamb mixture.
- Remove the hot baking sheets from the oven and carefully transfer the pizza onto them.
- Return to the oven and bake in the oven for around 10 minutes until the base is golden.
- Pizzas can be garnished with spinach, tomatoes and feta cheese before serving.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.