How to make a Turkish Menemen.
INGREDIENTS: Serves 2-4
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 green peppers, chopped
- 4 tomatoes, peeled and diced
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp paprika
- 4 eggs
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- parsley for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a pan.
- Cook chopped peppers in it for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in tomatoes.
- Season with salt and paprika and cook over medium-low heat until tomatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Now reduce the heat a bit.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and pour it all over the tomatoes.
- Give it a gentle stir so that the beaten eggs can spread everywhere.
- Cook it uncovered until the eggs are set.
- It takes no longer than 3-5 minutes.
- Don’t overcook.
- Sprinkle black pepper and red pepper flakes over it.
- Garnish with herbs like parsley or chopped green onions.
- Serve it with fresh crusty bread.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.