How to make Tuna with Tomato.
Ingredients for 4 servings:
- 1kg fresh tuna loin, cut into 4 pieces
- Olive oil and salt flakes
- For the tomato sauce:
- 4 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 green pepper, core and seeds removed and finely sliced
- 1 large red pepper, cut in half lengthways, core and seeds removed
- 100ml txakoli or dry white wine
- 1kg ripe plum tomatoes, roughly chopped
- Pinch of caster sugar
- Salt to taste
- To make the tomato sauce, place a medium-sized pan on a low heat, heat the oil and add the chopped onions, garlic and green pepper and cook for about 10 minutes until soft. Add the txakoli wine and reduce by half. Add the chopped plum tomatoes and cook on a low heat for 30 minutes. Add a pinch of sugar to balance the acidity of the tomatoes and season with salt.
- Whilst the sauce is cooking pre-heat your oven grill. Rub 1 tablespoon of olive oil on the red pepper halves and place under the grill until the skins are completely black all round, remove from the grill and cover with some aluminium foil and rest for 10 minutes. After this time, peel the peppers, cut into thin long strips, and add to the sauce together with the cooking oil and juices. Cook the sauce for a further 10 minutes on a low heat and pass through a moulin into a shallow casserole dish. Check for seasoning and keep warm.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the tune until lightly brown on both sides. Add the tuna to the rich tomato sauce and cook on a low heat without boiling the sauce for 2 minutes on each side and serve.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.