How to make Tuna Steak with Salsa Verde.
INGREDIENTS: Serves 2
- 2 fresh tuna steaks
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 2 handfuls of new potatoes, cooked
For the Salsa Verde:
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 1 tbsp chopped capers
- 1 chopped garlic clove
- 1⁄2 lemon, zest and juice only
- 90ml olive oil
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped basil
- Salt and pepper
- Marinate the fish steaks in olive oil, salt and pepper for at least 2 hours.
- When ready to cook, griddle the tuna steaks over a very high heat for 2 minutes on each side.
- Remove and leave to rest.
- Meanwhile, make your salsa verde by pounding the anchovies, capers, and garlic in a pestle and mortar.
- Add the lemon juice and zest, then drizzle in the olive oil, whisking as you go.
- Stir in the herbs and seasoning.
- Crush the boiled new potatoes with a fork, and combine with half your salsa verde.
- Serve the potatoes on a plate, pour over the rest of the salsa verde, and top with a tuna steak.