How to make a Tuna Pasta.
Ingredients: 4 People
- 12 oz pasta (approx. 360g or 3oz/80g per person)
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ medium onion diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 10 oz tuna, drained (approx. 250g) either water or oil-packed
- 14 oz crushed tomato (approx. 400g or 1.5 cups)
- 10 large olives diced (optional)
- 1-2 salt-cured anchovies optional
- ½ cup grated Manchego cheese (approx. 45g)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta al dente, according to package instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil in a heavy pan and add the diced onion. Sauté for about five minutes until translucent.
- Add the minced garlic and sauté for one more minute until just starting to brown.
- Add the crushed tomato, drained tuna, and anchovies (if using). Stir and cook over medium-high heat for five minutes.
- Add the diced olives (and any other embellishments) if using. Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain the pasta once al dente and add to the pan. Stir gently to fully coat the pasta in the sauce.
- Top with grated Manchego cheese and serve immediately.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.