How to make a Tortellini Soup.
Ingredients: Serves 4-6
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups chopped yellow onions
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 3 (14.5 oz) cans low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
- 3 (8 oz) cans tomato sauce
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (9 oz) pkg. cheese tortellini
- 2 cups (2 oz) spinach, roughly chopped
- 3 Tbsp minced fresh parsley
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Crumble in beef in chunks and let cook until browned on bottom, about 3 minutes.
- Turn and break up beef and continue to cook until no longer pink.
- Transfer beef to a paper towel lined plate while leaving 1 1/2 Tbsp fat in pot (or add 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil and drain off fat).
- Add onions, carrots, and celery to pot.
- Saute until starting to soften, about 7 minutes.
- Add garlic and saute 1 minute longer.
- Pour in chicken broth, tomatoes, tomato sauce, cooked beef, and season with Italian seasoning and salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until veggies are nearly soft, about 15 minutes.
- Add tortellini and let simmer according to time listed on package (usually about 4 – 7 minutes).
- Stir in spinach and parsley.
- Serve with fresh crusty bread!
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]