How to make Tomatoes Stuffed with Potato Salad.
- 2 pounds of baking potatoes (this will give you some leftover potato salad to serve on the side)
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 4 ripe tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Pimentón de La Vera smoked paprika
- parsley for garnish
- salt and pepper
STEP 1: Peel the potatoes and cut into pieces. Boil until tender. Drain and chill until very cold, at least two hours.
STEP 2: Cut the potato into small cubes. Place in a bowl and sprinkle with vinegar and season with salt and pepper.
STEP 3: Cut the tops off of the tomatoes and scoop out the insides. Season with salt.
STEP 4: Add peas and scallions to the potato. In a bowl, whisk the mayonnaise and olive oil until smooth. Gently stir the mayo into the potatoes.
STEP 5: Fill the tomatoes with the potato salad. Sprinkle with the smoked paprika and garnish with parsley. Add peas and scallion to the potato. In a bowl, whisk the mayonnaise and olive oil until smooth. Gently stir the mayo into the potatoes.