How to make Tomato Pasta.
Ingredients for 4 servings:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 garlic clove crushed or finely chopped
- 400 g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- A small handful of basil roughly chopped
- 300 g penne pasta or any shape you fancy
- 3 sundried tomatoes
- Grated cheddar or parmesan
- Pour the olive oil in a medium saucepan and add the onion. Put on a low heat and sweat the onion, with the lid on, for about 5 minutes, until the onion is softened but not brown. Stir occasionally.
- When the onion is cooked, add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute, stirring occasionally.
- Add the tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper and half the basil. Turn the heat up and bring to the boil, then cook for 10-15 minutes on a low heat, stirring occasionally.
- While the sauce is cooking, cook the pasta according to packet instructions / your own preferences. Add the sundried tomatoes to the pasta to rehydrate.
- Just before the pasta is ready, hoick out the sundried tomatoes, (I use the point of a sharp knife or a fork) chop finely and add to the sauce.
- Drain the pasta and stir into the sauce with a couple of tablespoons of pasta cooking water. Serve sprinkled with the cheese and the remaining basil.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.