How to make a Tomato Basil Soup.
INGREDIENTS: Serves 4
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 30-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1-2 teaspoons salt to taste
- 2 14-ounce cans diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 4 cups vegetable broth or chicken broth
- 1-2 cups heavy cream
- 1 handful fresh basil leaves finely chopped
- cracked black pepper
- 2 cups cheese tortellini optional
- If using the tortellini, boil til just tender, drain and set aside.
- In a large stock pot melt butter over medium heat.
- Add garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, and broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a high simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a high powered blender, cover tightly, and pulse until smooth (you may need to do this in batches, don’t fill the blender too full).
- Alternately, you can use an immersion blender.
- Return to the pot, stir in one teaspoon of salt, one cup of cream, and a few twists of cracked black pepper.
- Taste, add more salt and/or cream as desired.
- If using tortellini, stir in now and let the soup simmer for 5 minutes or so to heat the tortellini.
- Stir in fresh basil and serve immediately.
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]