How to make Tomatillo Salsa.
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh tomatillos
- 1 white onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 1/3 cup cilantro
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chicken stock – vegetable stock works too
- Cut onion into three big slices.
- Heat a cast iron frying pan or comal over medium heat.
- Dry roast onions, jalepenos and garlic cloves in the comal until lightly charred.
- If you don’t want your salsa too hot, scrape out the ribs and seeds after roasting the jalepenos.
- Bring a pot of well salted water to boil. Remove husks and cook tomatillos until they turn pale – around 4 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients except oil and chicken or vegetable stock in a blender or food processor and puree.
- Heat oil in a saucepan.
- Add pureed salsa to the pan and fry over medium high heat for 3-4 minutes.It will spatter when you add the salsa so be ready.
- Reduce heat, add chicken stock and simmer for 10 minutes.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.