How to make Toad in the Hole.
INGREDIENTS: Serves 6-8
- 8 pork sausages
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Pour the vegetable oil into the bottom of an 8×12 or 9×9 baking dish.
- You can use a metal or ceramic casserole dish.
- Place the sausages in the dish in a single layer and bake for 10 minutes in the pre-heated oven.
- While waiting, whisk flour, eggs and 1/2 cup of milk in a medium bowl.
- Gradually mix in the rest of the milk until the mixture forms a smooth batter.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Take the sausages out of the oven and pour the batter over them, covering them 3/4 of the way.
- Place the dish back into the oven and bake for another 35 minutes or until the center has risen and turned golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy!
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]