How to make a Thai Coconut and Lime Salmon.
INGREDIENTS: Serves 2
- 1 lb Skin-On Salmon Fillet
- 350 ml Coconut Milk
- ½ oz Lemongrass, Finely Sliced
- 1 tbsp Ginger, Minced
- 3 clove Garlic, Minced
- 1 tbsp Lime Juice
- ¼ tsp Lime Zest
- 1 tbsp Fish Sauce
- 1 tbsp Chilli Sauce
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pinch Black Pepper
- Place the salmon fillet skin-side up on a cutting board, make several parallel cuts across the skin, and cut into 4 equal-sized fillets.
- Use your fingers to rub 1 teaspoon of oil on the top, bottom and sides of the salmon fillets, then season both sides of the fish with ½ teaspoon of salt.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a cast iron skillet over medium-low heat.
- Place salmon fillets, skin-side down, into the pan, and allow to cook for 4 minutes, until the skin is crispy and golden brown.
- Turn the fillets over with a spatula and cook until the fish is firm to the touch, about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove fish from skillet and transfer to a plate.
- In the same skillet, sauté ginger, garlic and lemongrass in the remaining oil over medium-high heat, until aromatic.
- Stir in chilli sauce and coconut milk, add brown sugar and fish sauce, then season with ½ teaspoon of salt and black pepper.
- Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Add lime zest and juice, then place salmon fillets, skin-side down, into the skillet.
- Braise salmon for 3 minutes, until it soaks up the sauce.
- Turn off the heat.
- Top each fillet with lime, chilli pepper slices and chopped cilantro.
- Serve over rice or noodles and enjoy!
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.