How to make a Thai Chicken and Pumpkin Curry.
INGREDIENTS: Serves 4
- 400 g chicken strips
- 300 g mashed pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 bell pepper
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 1 shallot
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon ginger powder
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 1 handful fresh cilantro
- Cut the bell pepper into pieces.
- Also slice the shallot and the garlic.
- Finely chop the cilantro.
- Keep some of the leaves apart for garnishing.
- Bake the chicken strips in coconut oil, until they are golden brown.
- Set them aside.
- Bake the shallot and the garlic in the same pan.
- When tender, add the coconut milk and the mashed pumpkin.
- Bring it to boil.
- Then add the bell pepper, and the spices: ginger powder, turmeric powder, red curry paste and salt.
- Let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Then add the chicken and the cilantro and let it simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Serve with basmati rice and garnish with some cilantro leaves.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.