How to make Teriyaki Beef.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 500 g beef rump steak (fat trimmed, thinly sliced)
- 2 cups Chinese broccoli
- 1 tbs ginger (minced)
- 1 tsp garlic (minced)
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 3 tsp mirin
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tbs oil
- 1 brown onion (sliced)
- 1 cup capsicum (chopped)
- In a small bowl combine the ginger, garlic, soy sauce, mirin, sesame oil and brown sugar, stir to combine then put to one side.
- Heat wok on high heat until very hot.
- In two batches, add onions and beef strips to the wok together with oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, toss to combine then sear in wok until meat is brown.
- Once all the meat is browned, re-heat wok until very hot and add vegetables, sauté with lid on until wilted, tossing occasionally.
- Add meat and onions followed by the sauce mixture.
- Stir to combine, pop the lid back on and simmer for 2-3 minutes over a medium heat, tossing to combine.
- Remove from heat and serve with boiled rice.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.