How to make Tequila and Lime Shrimp.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 2 lbs shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 dried chilli peppers, seeds removed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 ounces tequila
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- chopped parsley
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Place dried chilli peppers in a medium bowl and cover with boiling water.
- Steep chilli peppers in hot water until softened, for about 20 minutes.
- Puree the softened chillies and 1/2 cup of the steeping liquid in a blender until smooth, then set aside.
- In a large fry pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, for about 15 seconds.
- Add shrimp and cook for 90 seconds per side.
- The shrimp will turn pink when cooked.
- Remove cooked shrimp from the pan and set aside.
- Return pan to the burner over medium heat.
- Deglaze the pan with tequila.
- Stir in the pureed chillies and the lime juice.
- Add cooked shrimp.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Simmer for 4-5 minutes until heated through.
- Stir in butter until melted through.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle some parsley.
- Serve with warm tortillas or rice.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.