How to make a Taco Pasta Salad.
Ingredients: Serves 4-6
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 lb spiral pasta
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 romaine heart, thinly sliced
- 1 14oz can of black beans, drained
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup mild green chilli sauce
- 1/4 cup mild salsa
- hefty pinch of coarse salt
- black pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta according to the brand directions.
- Drain then rinse with cool water to cool the pasta down and keep it from sticking.
- While the pasta cooks, place a large pan over medium heat.
- Add the olive oil with onions and bell pepper.
- Saute for about 5 minutes, sprinkle with salt, then add the ground beef.
- Cook the ground beef until almost no pink remains, then add the taco seasoning and mix until combined in the beef.
- While the ground beef cooks, chop all the vegetables and place them in a large mixing bowl with the black beans and cilantro.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the bowl, then add the ground beef mixture to the bowl.
- Pour the green chilli sauce, salsa, salt and pepper into the bowl then mix everything together until completely combined.
- You can serve this right away with the beef still slightly warm or chill in the fridge for an hour before serving.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.