How to make a Sweet and Sour Turnip and Carrot Salad.
Ingredients: Serves 2-4
- 1 medium carrot (about 3 ounces), peeled and cut into thin matchsticks about 1 ½ inches long
- 1 large turnip (about 8 ounces), peeled and cut into thin matchsticks about 1 ½ inches long
- 1-inch piece of lemon rind, pith removed
- ½ teaspoon salt
For the Dressing:
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ tablespoon mirin (sweet rice wine)
- Place the carrots, turnips and lemon rind in a bowl.
- Sprinkle salt over all and mix.
- Let the mixture sit for 10 minutes, to soften the vegetables.
- Remove the lemon rind.
- Squeeze out the excess liquid from the vegetables using your hands.
- Mix the dressing ingredients together to dissolve the sugar.
- Add it to the vegetables and mix.
- Serve mounded on small individual plates.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.