How to make Sweet and Sour Pork Bits.
INGREDIENTS: Serves 2
For the meat:
- 300 g pork loin filettes
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon starch
For the sauce and vegetables:
- 2 bell peppers, one red and one yellow
- 125 g pineapple cubes
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 50 ml white wine
- 100 ml pineapple juice
- 100 ml vegetable broth
- 100 ml ketchup
- 1 spring onion
- 2 cm ginger root
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 chilli pepper red
- Cut the pork into one bitesize pieces.
- Season the meat with salt and pepper and then marinate it in the egg white.
- Finely chop the chilli pepper, removing the seeds.
- Cut the bell peppers into square pieces.
- Peel the ginger root and cut it into small pieces as well.
- If necessary, cut the pineapple slices into cubes.
- Clean the spring onion and chop it finely.
- Keep the white and green parts separately.
- Let the brown sugar caramelize in a pot.
- Then de-glaze it with the white wine.
- Add the chilli pepper, soy sauce, the white part of the spring onion and the ginger.
- After a few minutes, also add the pieces of the bell peppers.
- Let it cook for about 5 minutes with the lid on.
- Then add the pineapple juice, stock and ketchup to the stewed peppers.
- Let this now reduce without a lid so that the sauce thickens.
- Also add the pineapple cubes.
- While the sweet and sour sauce is cooking, mix the starch with the egg white marinated pork pieces.
- Heat oil in a wok-pan and fry the pork over a high heat.
- Serve with rice and sprinkle with the green of the finely chopped spring onion.