How to make a Sushi Bowl.
INGREDIENTS: Serves 4
- ¼ cup each: vegetable broth and soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon each: toasted sesame oil and rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons each: minced garlic and ginger
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 block (14 ounces) extra-firm tofu, drained, patted dry, cut into 1- by 2-inch cubes
- 1 cup sushi rice
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame
- ½ pound green vegetable of your choice, such as broccoli, green beans, sugar snap or snow peas, or asparagus
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, and sliced
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh herbs, such as basil, mint, cilantro or a mix
- 2 sheets nori, cut into thin strips (optional)
- Mix broth, soy sauce, oil, vinegar, garlic, ginger, and pepper flakes in a small bowl. Place tofu in a zipper-lock bag; pour in sauce, seal and let marinate until ready to fry.
- Meanwhile, following package instructions cook sushi rice in a medium saucepan; let stand, covered, until ready to serve.
- Place edamame, green vegetable of choice, and ½ cup water in a large covered skillet. Turn burner on high and steam, making sure water does not completely evaporate, until vegetable is bright green and tender crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Return skillet to burner and add oil; heat until wisps of smoke start to rise from the pan. Remove tofu from the bag and drain on a paper towel, reserving marinade for dressing. Add tofu to skillet; cook, turning only once, until impressively brown on both sides, about 6 minutes total.
- Spoon a portion of rice on each plate, arrange tofu, steamed vegetables, and avocado, sprinkle with scallions, herbs and nori and drizzle of the reserved marinade. Serve!
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]