How to make Sugar Glazed Doughnuts.
Ingredients: Serves 4
FOR THE DOUGH:
- 2 Tbsp. Active Dry Yeast
- 1/4 Cup Warm Water
- 1 1/2 Cup Lukewarm Milk
- 1/2 Cup Castor Sugar
- 1 Tsp. Salt
- 2 Egg
- 5 Cups Flour
- Oil for Deep-frying
FOR THE SUGAR GLAZE:
- 1/3 Cup Butter
- 2 Cups Icing Sugar
- 1 1/2 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 4 Tbsp. Hot Water
PREPARE THE DOUGH:
- Sprinkle the yeast over the warm water, and let stand for 5 minutes until foamy.
- Proceed when this is ready.
- In a large bowl, mix the yeast mixture, milk, sugar, salt, eggs, shortening, and 2 cups of flour.
- Stir with a wooden spoon till incorporated.
- Add in ½ cup of flour at a time, until the dough no longer sticks to the bowl.
- Knead for about 5 minutes, or until dough is smooth and elastic.
SHAPING THE DOUGHNUTS:
- Place the dough out onto a floured surface, and roll out to ½ inch thick.
- Cut to shape with a doughnut cutter.
- Let dough sit out to rise again until double.
- Cover loosely with a cloth.
DEEP FRYING THE DOUGHNUTS:
- Heat oil in a wok to 175C degrees.
- Carefully place doughnuts into hot oil.
- Turn doughnuts over as they rise to the surface.
- Deep fry on each side until golden brown.
- Remove from hot oil, to drain on a wire rack.
GLAZING THE DOUGHNUTS:
- To make the glaze, melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in confectioners’ sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Remove from heat, and stir in hot water one tablespoon at a time until the icing is thin, but not watery.
- Dip doughnuts into the glaze while still warm, and set onto wire racks to drain off excess.
- Serve and enjoy!
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.