How to make Stuffed Red Pepper Rolls.
Ingredients: Serves 6.
3 Red Peppers (bell peppers).
1 Slice of Stale White Bread. Grated into breadcrumbs.
100g/ Of Tinned Tuna, drained.
4 Tablespoons of Mayonaise.
1 Gerkin, finely chopped.
1 Tablespoon of White Wine.
Salt and Pepper.
Olives and Cherry tomatoes to garnish.
- First we need to soften the red peppers.
- To do this fill a large saucepan with water, and bring to the boil.
- Place the peppers into the pan and boil for at least 5 minutes, until they are very soft.
- When the peppers are soft, carefully remove the peppers from the water and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile put the drained tuna into a bowl.
- Using a fork flake the tuna.
- Add the mayonaise, the gerkin, the breadcrumbs and wine.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Now using a blender or mortar, blend the mixture so it becomes smooth.
- Now take the cooled peppers , cut the tops off and remove all the seeds.
- Cut each pepper into 4 strips.
- Lay the strips out on a clean surface.
- Next take the tuna mix.
- Put a teaspoon of the tuna mixture on each pepper strip.
- Roll the pepper up to seal the tuna mixture, and place on a serving dish.
- Before serving add a few olives around the stuffed peppers.