How to make Stuffed Pork Chops.
- 4 boneless pork chops, about ½ inch thick each (you might need to slice a pork chop in half)
- 4 slices Black Forest ham
- 6-8 thin slices of Mahon Mitica cheese (you can also use a combo of Gruyere+Mozzarella)
- 4 thin slices of roasted bell peppers
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup flour
- 2 cups Panko breadcrumbs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Place a pork chop in between two layers of plastic wrap and using a meat tenderizer or rolling pin, pound the pork chop until it’s ¼ inch thick.
- Season with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Place one slice of ham on top of each pork cutlet followed by a few thin slices of cheese.
- Place a slice of roasted bell pepper on top of cheese.
- Carefully fold the cutlets in half, enclosing the filling. Secure the exposed part with the toothpicks.
- Whisk 2 eggs in one shallow bowl. In another bowl add ½ cup of flour and in a 3rd bowl add 2 cups of Panko breadcrumbs.
- Dip each stuffed pork chop in flour, then egg followed by breadcrumbs.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet and over medium heat.
- Sear stuffed pork chops on each side for 5-6 minutes until crispy and brown. You might need to work in batches.
- Transfer pork chops on a parchment lined baking dish and bake for 25 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 160 F.
- Serve with a side salad or sautéed vegetables.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.