How to make a Stuffed Pepper Soup.
Ingredients: Serves 6
- 1 lb Ground lean beef
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1 cup Onion, diced
- 1 Red bell pepper, diced
- 1 Green bell pepper, diced
- 1 (14 oz) can Tomato sauce
- 2 (14 oz) cans Fire roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 Jalapeño, seeds and white ribs removed, minced
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 4 cups Chicken stock
- 2 tbsp Brown sugar
- 2 tsp Salt
- 3 tbsp Taco seasoning
- 2 cups Pepper jack cheese, shredded, optional
- Cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a large soup pot or dutch oven set over medium high heat.
- Add the beef, onion, bell peppers and jalapeño.
- Cook until beef is fully browned and there are no longer any pink left, for about 10 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock, tomato sauce, fire roasted tomatoes, brown sugar, salt, taco seasoning and rice to the pot.
- Bring to a simmer, stirring often so rice doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Simmer for 30 minutes, until the soup is nice and thick.
- Serve in individual bowls topped with shredded pepper jack cheese.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.