How to make a Stuffed Bell Pepper Soup.
Ingredients: Serves 4-6
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ cup white rice uncooked
- 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 15 oz can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 small sweet onion, finely diced
- 2 bell peppers, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 4 cups beef broth
- 3 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp oregano dry
- ½ tsp thyme dried
- ½ tsp rosemary dried
- Pinch of nutmeg optional
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 ½ tsp salt, to taste
- ½ tsp black pepper, to taste
- Cook the beef in a large Dutch oven over medium heat for 7-8 minutes, or until browned and cooked through.
- Break apart meat with a potato masher to get fine crumbles.
- Remove beef from the skillet and let drain on a paper towel lined plate.
- Add oil and diced onion.
- Saute for 2-3 minutes or until onions start to become translucent.
- Stir in the bell peppers and continue sauteing for 3-4 minutes.
- Add in minced garlic, stirring constantly for 1 minute.
- Add the beef back into the pot along with the broth, tomato sauce, tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, dried herbs, nutmeg, bay leaves, salt, pepper and rice.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low.
- Cover and let it simmer for 25-30 minutes, or until the rice is tender.
- Remove the bay leaves, serve and enjoy!
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]