How to make a Streaky Bacon Risotto.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 300g Risotto Rice
- 6 rashers of Streaky Bacon
- 100g frozen peas
- 1 onion
- 1 litre hot vegetable stock
- grated Parmesan (optional)
- ground black pepper (optional)
- Finely chop the onion.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil and a knob of butter in a pan, add the onions and fry until lightly browned.
- Add the bacon and fry for a further 5 minutes, until it starts to crisp.
- Add the rice and stock and bring to the boil.
- Stir well, then reduce the heat and cook covered, for 15-20 minutes until the rice is almost tender.
- Stir in the peas, add a little salt and pepper and cook for a further 3 minutes until the peas are cooked.
- Serve sprinkled with freshly grated parmesan and freshly ground black pepper.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.