How to make Strawberry and Banana Bread.
INGREDIENTS: Makes 1 Loaf/10 Slices
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup salted butter, melted
- Pre-heat oven to 350F, with rack on lower middle.
- Grease and flour a glass 8″×5″ loaf pan.
- In a bowl, gently toss strawberries with the granulated sugar, coating all strawberries with sugar.
- Let it sit.
- In large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In separate bowl, beat eggs until slightly foamy.
- Add vanilla, brown sugar and melted butter that is not too hot.
- Add in the macerated strawberries and mashed bananas.
- Using rubber spatula, gently fold flour mixture into the egg/butter mixture, just until the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for about 1 hour to 1.5 hours, or until toothpick in center comes out almost clean, with just a few moist crumbs attached.
- Let the bread cool completely in the loaf pan on wire rack prior to slicing.