How to make Sticky Chicken Thighs.
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 1 tbsp oil (for frying)
- 6 (1.5-2lb / 750g-1kg) chicken thigh fillets, boneless skinless
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup ketchup or tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp dijon or American mustard
- 2 tbsp hot sauce (optional)
- 2 tbsp vinegar (any)
- 2 1/2 tbsp honey
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Whisk sauce ingredients in a bowl.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan over medium high heat.
- Quickly dip chicken in sauce, shake off excess, then place in pan.
- Cook the first side for 2 to 3 minutes, until it caramelises and is dark golden, then turn and cook the other side for 2 minutes.
- Add remaining sauce and water.
- Bring to rapid simmer, stirring occasionally, scraping the bottom of the pan to get all the brown bits stuck to the bottom of the pan.
- When the sauce has thickened (around 1 to 2 minutes), remove from heat.
- Turn chicken in sauce to coat.
- To serve, place chicken on plate and spoon over sauce.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.