How to make Steamed Prawns and Spicy Sauce.
Ingredients: Serves 2
- 10 medium size tiger prawns
- 1 tbsp lemon juice or lime juice
- 1/2 cup XO Sauce
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 chilli peppers, finely chopped
- 1 thumb size ginger,finely chopped
- 10 chives separate the green and white parts, finely chopped
- 1/2 Chinese Sausage, finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- bamboo skewer
For the Garnish: chopped chillies and the green part of chives
- Preheat the steamer over high heat.
- Butterfly the the prawn tail from the back without cutting the dorsal shells, devein and clean it under running water.
- Sprinkle the salt and drizzle the lemon juice over the prawns, let them sit for 5 minutes and then discard the dripping liquid
- Spread the XO sauce over the prawn meat and stuff some in the heads.
- Put another topping over the prawns and XO sauce.
- Insert the bamboo skewer through the prawn from the head straight to the tail.
- Lay the prawns in the steamer and steam for about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately with the garnish and enjoy!
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]