How to make Steamed Garlic Shrimp.
INGREDIENTS: Serves 4
- 10 large shrimp
- 1 oz. garlic, minced
- 1 oz. green bean vermicelli, soaked
- 1 oz. fresh red chilli pepper, shredded into thin pieces
- 1 green onion, shredded into thin pieces
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp rice wine
- ½ tsp sugar
- ½ tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp water
- Cut out shrimp whiskers and legs.
- Split shrimp in the middle starting from head working toward the tail; leave tail portion uncut.
- In a rectangular dish, put green bean thread noodles over the bottom of the dish.
- Place shrimp on top of bean threads, tail in the middle.
- Split head toward both sides (form a “W” shape).
- Line up all 10 shrimp one by one.
- In a small skillet at medium heat, add 1 tbsp olive oil and garlic.
- Stir until garlic turns light brown.
- In a small bowl, mix 1 tbsp fresh garlic, fried garlic and oil, rice wine, water, salt, sugar and cornstarch.
- Pour mixture evenly over shrimp.
- Bring water in a steamer to a boil, put the dish with shrimp in, cover and steam for 8-12 minutes.
- Garnish with red pepper and green onion.
- Pour evenly a tablespoon of hot oil over red pepper and green onion.
- Serve and enjoy!