How to make a Steak With Coffee Sauce.
Ingredients: Serves 2
- 2 6oz sirloin steaks, atroom temperature
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled, smashed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 bay leaf
- Good splash of Port or red wine
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup strong coffee
- Rub both sides of the steaks with the garlic then season with salt and pepper.
- Reserve the garlic.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of butter and the oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- The frying pan should be just big enough to hold both steaks.
- Add the steaks and cook on both sides until you achieve your desired doneness.
- Remove the steaks from the pan and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add the last tablespoon of butter, smashed garlic and the bay leaf to the pan.
- Cook for 1 minute taking care to not let the garlic burn.
- Increase the heat to medium high and add a good splash of port or red wine to the pan.
- Stir and scrape up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add the cream, coffee and any meat juices from the reserved steaks to the pan.
- Adjust the salt and pepper to your liking.
- Let the mixture bubble up and thicken to sauce consistency.
- Strain the sauce through a fine sieve to catch the garlic and bay leaf.
- Plate the steaks and spoon the sauce over them.
- Serve with roast or fried potatoes.