How to make Spinach & Ricotta Lasagne.
A spinach and ricotta lasagne flavoured with Basil, Garlic and Nutmeg.
- 75 gram (3 ounce) butter
- 100 gram (4 ounce) onion, finely chopped
- 100 gram (4 ounce) mushrooms, finely chopped
- 450 gram (1 pound) frozen spinach, cooked, drained and finely chopped
- 225 gram (8 ounce) ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon Dried Basil
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Granules
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- Schwartz Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper, to season
- 50 gram (2 ounce) plain flour
- 600 millilitre (1 pint) milk
- 4 sheets lasagne
- 25 gram (1 ounce) Parmesan cheese, grated
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C, 400°F, Gas Mark 6.
- Melt 25g (1oz) butter in a sauté pan and gently fry the onion and mushrooms for 3-4 minutes. Stir in the spinach, ricotta cheese, Basil, Garlic Granules and Nutmeg. Season to taste with Salt and Black Pepper and put aside.
- Melt the remaining butter in a saucepan, add the flour and cook for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and blend in the milk. Bring to the boil, stirring. Season to taste with Salt and Black Pepper.
- Spread half the spinach mixture in the bottom of a lightly greased ovenproof dish. Top with a layer of lasagne followed by half the white sauce. Repeat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and place in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until golden and the pasta is cooked.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.