How to make Spicy Smothered Shrimp.
This delicious and spicy smothered shrimp dish is served over white rice and includes bell peppers, garlic, shrimp and tomatoes.
Ingredients: Serves 6
- 1½ pounds fresh large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 (10-ounce) can tomatoes with green chillies
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped (about 2¼ cups)
- 1 bell pepper, finely chopped (about 1¼ cups)
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ⅔ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ½ cup chopped green onion
- Salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Hot cooked rice, for serving
- In the work bowl of a food processor, add tomatoes with green chillies.
- Process until smooth.
- Set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, heat butter and olive oil.
- Add onion, bell pepper, celery and garlic.
- Cook, stirring often, until tender, for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Stir in reserved tomatoes and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp, parsley and green onion.
- Cook until shrimp is pink and firm, for about 5 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve over rice.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.