How to make a Spicy Shrimp Stir Fry.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 1 lb shrimp peeled and deveined
- 6 oz sugar snap peas
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 3 jalapeño peppers
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil or olive oil, + more if needed
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
For the Spicy Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1.5 tablespoon gochujang
- 1.5 tablespoons hot paprika
- 4 tablespoons sesame oil
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon corn starch mixed with 1 tablespoon water
- Sesame seeds, spicy red pepper flakes, fresh chopped parsley, extra sliced peppers (for garnish)
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium-high heat.
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper and cook them for 2-3 minutes per side, until they are cooked through.
- Remove and set aside.
- Add more oil if needed and add the snap peas, broccoli and peppers.
- Cook them for 8-9 minutes to soften, stirring often.
- Make the sauce by whisking together the gochujang, hot paprika, sesame oil, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, honey, garlic powder, ginger and chicken stock in a bowl.
- Pour the sauce into the pan with the vegetables.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add the corn starch slurry and stir.
- It should thicken quickly.
- Add the shrimp back to the pan and heat them through for about 2 minutes.
- Serve with cooked rice or noodles.
- Garnish with sesame seeds, spicy red pepper flakes, fresh chopped parsley and extra sliced peppers.
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]