How to make a Spicy Sausage Casserole.
INGREDIENTS: Serves 4
- 20cm (8in) chorizo sausage, sliced into 1cm (1/2in) rounds
- 8 Toulouse sausages
- 14oz tin chopped tomatoes
- 12 mushrooms, cut into quarters
- 1 large red pepper, chopped into pieces about 2cm (1in) square
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- Red wine to cover all the ingredients in the pan
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Fry the chorizo in a dry frying pan (don’t worry about no oil as the chorizo will produce enough) until golden.
- Add onion, garlic, chilli, mushrooms, pepper and sun-dried tomatoes and sauté until soft.
- Grill the Toulouse sausages until evenly brown.
- Add to the other cooked ingredients with the tinned tomatoes, pour over the wine until all the ingredients are covered.
- Stir in the tomato purée and cook on a medium heat until tender, for about 20 minutes.
- Season to taste.
- Serve with potatoes or add to the casserole while it’s cooking.
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]