How to make a Spicy Prawn Couscous.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 32 large uncooked prawns
- 200 grammes of uncooked pearl couscous
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 6 large spring onions
- 1 hot red chilli
- 1 bulb of single clove garlic (or 3 cloves ordinary)
- 2 inch (5cm) piece of ginger root
- White of an egg
- 400 grammes of green beans
- 2 teaspoons of ras el hanout
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 handful of parsley
- 1 handful of coriander
- Cook the couscous, following the pack instructions (12 minutes in unsalted water, drain and add some olive oil to stop it sticking together).
- Chop the peppers, spring onions, beans, chilli, ginger, garlic, parsley and coriander.
- Whip the white of the egg to get a light foam.
- Add the prawns to the egg.
- Heat some oil in a large wok.
- Add the prawns a few at a time and cook until nearly done.
- Reserve them.
- Wipe the wok clean.
- Fry the garlic, ginger and chilli in the wok until the aromas start to fill the kitchen.
- Add in the beans and stir fry for a minute or two.
- Add the soy sauce.
- Cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add in the spring onions and give them another minute.
- Add the peppers, salt, pepper and ras el hanout.
- Stir to combine everything.
- Add the couscous and repeat the process.
- Chop and add the parsley and coriander.
- Reintroduce the prawns and give it a good stir.
- Heat some bowls and serve straight from the wok.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.