How to make Spicy Potatoes.
- Maris Piper potatoes 750g, peeled and cut into bite-sized chunks
- olive oil 5 tbsp
- onion 1 large, finely chopped
- garlic 3 cloves, crushed
- finely chopped tomatoes 400g tin
- vine tomatoes 3, chopped
- dried chilli flakes ½ tsp
- sherry vinegar 1 tbsp
- caster sugar 1 tsp
- sweet smoked paprika ½ tsp
- flat-leaf parsley finely chopped, to serve
- Heat a large pan of salted water until boiling, add the potatoes and simmer for 3 minutes. Drain really well, then spread out to dry on kitchen paper.
- Heat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Spoon 3 tbsp olive oil on a large, non-stick baking tray. Add the potato and toss to coat. Roast for 40-50 minutes or until crisp, turning now and again so they get evenly golden.
- To make the sauce, heat 2 tbsp of oil in a pan and cook the onion and garlic gently for 15-20 minutes or until soft. Tip in the remaining ingredients and season. Simmer for 20 minutes until thickened.
- To serve, season the potatoes with salt then spoon into a warm serving bowl (or bowls). Spoon over the sauce, sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.