How to make a Spicy Potato and Pumpkin Stew.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 2 lb pumpkin, diced
- 2 white potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup sweetcorn
- ½ cup green peas
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, mashed
- 2 tablespoons chilli paste
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- ½ cup unsweetened evaporated milk
- 1 cup fresh white cheese, diced
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves, chopped
- a few black olives, sliced
- White rice, cooked
- In a saucepan heat the vegetable oil over medium heat, saute onion and garlic, stirring until the onion is very soft.
- Add the chilli paste and cook for 5 minutes longer, stirring every now and then.
- Add pumpkin, potatoes, sweetcorn, vegetable stock, salt and pepper.
- Lower the heat and cook, partially covered and stirring occasionally, until all the vegetables are tender.
- Add the green peas.
- Turn off the heat.
- Add evaporated milk and the cheese.
- Stir and heat through.
- Season with more salt and pepper, if needed, add herbs, olives and serve with white rice.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.