How to make a Spicy Korean Stir Fried Squid.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 1 lb squid, gutted, cleaned, and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 6 green onions, cut diagonally into 1-2 inch pieces
- 1 green chilli pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, cut into chunks
- 1 medium carrot, julienned or cut into thin strips
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tsp ginger, minced
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp corn starch (plus ¼ cup water)
- Rice, for serving
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic, ginger, soy sauce, red pepper flakes and sugar until it forms a homogeneous paste.
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Once hot, add the vegetable oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add the green onions, green chilli pepper, onion and carrots and stir fry until the green onions are wilted and the onion is translucent.
- Prepare the corn starch slurry by mixing the corn starch with the water in a small bowl.
- Add the squid and the seasoning paste to the vegetables in the pan.
- Stir fry until the squid turns opaque, for about 2-3 minutes.
- Mix in the corn starch slurry and cook for about 1 minute until the pan gets saucy.
- Remove the pan from the heat and serve over rice.
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]