How to make a Spicy Chorizo Pasta.
This Spicy Chorizo Pasta is a one pot recipe, where the pasta is cooked in a very tasty sauce and all done in a single pan. If you are not a fan of spicy food then you can just substitute the spicy chorizo for the non-spicy one.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 220 g Spicy Chorizo chopped into bite sized chunks
- 1 Large Onion peeled and chopped
- 4 Cloves Garlic peeled and crushed
- 300 g Pasta of your choice
- 400 g Tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp Sweet smoked paprika
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 2 tbsp Tomato puree
- 250 g Broccoli florets
- 250 g Cherry tomatoes
- 750 ml Vegetable stock
- 50 g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 10 g Fresh basil, chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan or frying pan (one which has a lid) over a medium heat.
- Add the chorizo and fry until it starts to release it’s oils and go brown.
- Add the onions and garlic and fry gently until softened.
- Add the dry pasta, chopped tomatoes, paprika, oregano, salt and pepper, tomato pureee, broccoli, cherry tomatoes and 750ml of the stock.
- Give everything a good stir, pop the lid on and cook for about 15 minutes until the pasta is cooked through and most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Add the Parmesan cheese, garnish with basil if using and serve immediately.